5.13.2011

Time machines, life and reading my head off!

Hi all ya'll!
So I guess my plans for the summer are somewhat different than I planned. Isn't that just life? You see, our TBQ team was planning on going to Nationals this Summer, but that fell through when they told us that being sponsored just wouldn't cut it. It was disappointing to say the least.
But I'm still gonna have fun. I'll be participating and helping in our church's Summer Reading Program, so in essence I will be "reading my head off!" as the church librarian would say.
I was planning on posting yesterday, but when Blogger shut down yesterday, that changed things. So I'm really sorry if you missed me-I hope you did!
I just finished reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, for school. Yes, I'm homeschooled. It was the depressing story of the year 802,701 where Darwinian Theory has been carried out to the extreme. Not to mention even later, when the whole earth is dying, burned out and tossing in its death throws. One of the most depressing books I've ever read, because it shows a life without God in the picture. And what a bleak picture that is indeed. I was disappointed in the book because in the end they had resigned themselves to a life of dying and death, without meaning and utterly lost, when they didn't even have to! They could have rejected the Theory, though I admit, if the Time Traveller had really travelled to the future and saw all the stuff he did, it would be hard to believe otherwise, when it would appear as though he saw the real future. But seeing isn't believing, if it were we'd be in pretty big trouble.
Right now I'm finishing up with school, so hopefully I'll be done by early June.
Drop me a comment, or just say "Hi," you're welcome anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!