5.16.2011

The Weather and Mr. Hawking

I don't know where you live but here where I live 65 degrees is sweating hot for the middle of May.
I sense strange looks coming from all of you guys not living where I live. And yes, this post may be confusing, but I hope you survive it.
 
I just was reading a story on the Internet about Stephen Hawking a theoretical physicist a man who doesn't believe in Heaven or an afterlife. I was saddened to read the story, thinking the whole time as I read the article, that this man needs Jesus. I believe that Mr. Hawking is a smart man who has accomplished much in his life, having faced the possibility of an early death for over half of his life. Mr. Hawking was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease at the age of 21.
 
Here is what he said:
 
I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
Isn't that a sad way to view life and death, as a passing into nothingness? I thought that it was overwhelmingly sad, especially knowing how Mr. Hawking's books have denied God and His creation.  He is famous for writing many books that try to use science to deny the existence of an all-knowing creator. 
 
Next month I will be reviewing a book written in response to one of Mr. Hawking's books, called "God and Stephen Hawking," by John Lennox. (If it arrives!)
 
Any thoughts? Please post a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
What would you tell Mr. Hawking? Remember, arguing science probably wouldn't get you very far with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!