8.13.2011

The Inheritance by Hilda Stahl ~ review

Inheritance, The by Hilda Stahl: Book Cover

My Review: I'm not sure how many of you have heard of the Sadie Rose Series, by Hilda Stahl, but I grew up riveted to the adventures of Sadie Rose and her best friend/crush Levi. And lately I've been reading her adult series, and not much is changed, except the book length and that the characters actually get married at the end. So I thought, I'd review this book.

The Inheritance is the 2nd in the White Pine Chronicles, but it's the kinda of series where you can read them out of order and it won't kill you. Though reading them in order is recommended as some of the bad guys return a generation later, or rather their children do.

I enjoyed this book thoroughly and it was really hard to put down, as there was almost alot of action. When there wasn't action there  was conflict. Lulls in activity were non-existent.

The one thing that I think might bother some people is the way Ms. Stahl head hops every now and then, or a day passes with out a page break sign. It's a bit startling at first but you get used to it. This isn't a particularly deep book, mostly an easy book that is great to pass the time with. I found it really hard to be distracted from this book, like when I was at a really loud grandstand concert, waiting for the performers to come out, (they were blasting rock music that I couldn't understand), I read this book and found myself amazingly focused. Which for me is rare with loud music blasting. I like quiet to read my books. But I was totally immersed in this book. I know this book won't be for everyone, because if you're looking for a  really deep historical read, with historical figures and facts, this might not be the one for you. I totally understand. But when I'm in the mood to relax and sit on the edge of my seat (yeah, I realize those things don't really go together well, but it's true), dying to find out what happens next, Hilda Stahl books are where I turn. The fact that this book is currently out of print might be a drawback for some, but I've found that the ones written in the 90's are really good, and some of my favorites. I love out of print books!

Thanks so much!

Buy the book HERE

I own this book and reviewed it of my own free will, just in case you wanted you to know ;) Thanks to the library that discarded this treasure so I could buy it for less than 10 cents, I'm very grateful :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!