9.09.2011

Books that I'm Looking Forward to Reading~ Fridays


The Sword by Gilbert Morris: Book Cover


OK, I know that is a really big title, and the grammar is horrible, (something about it just isn't right), but it serves it's purpose and tells you what this is about. So let's get down to business. I've decided that every Friday, unless I have something else scheduled, I will post about books that I'm excited about reading. So let's begin!

First off, I am a huge Gilbert Morris fan, I wait with eager anticipation for his every book. So I'm excited to read his latest, The Sword. (cover to your left)

It is the 2nd in a series called The Last Cavaliers, about a family with Amish roots during the civil war. I would definitely recommend a Gilbert Morris book, even without reading it first! He's that good.


A Heart Revealed (Winds of Change Series #2) by Julie Lessman: Book CoverSecond, I just received a book I have been waiting for, for nearly FOREVER, today. I was jumping up and down, gripping the book in my hands, and chortling with absolute glee.

Julie Lessman is one of my favorite authors, and it all started for me when I received A Passion Most Pure as a Christmas gift in good ole 2008. The book was picked for me because my name is Faith, (though here I go as Faye), and that's the name of A Passion Most Pure's main character.

Well the book to your right, A Heart Revealed, is the 5th book in the series about the O'Connors, a family living in the early 20th century. I have been following right along with the O'Connors, pouncing on every book as it came out, (since I got A Passion Most Pure anyway).

And it is FINALLY here! Sean O'Connor's story. And if you couldn't tell already, I'm over-the-top excited to read it.

Mended Hearts by Ruth Logan Herne: Book Cover

Third, is is the third book in Ruth Logan Herne's heart-touching, Men of Allegany County series.

After reading the other books in the series I kept thinking in the back of my head, "When will it be Hannah's turn?" And here it is! Hannah (The MC in Mended Hearts) has been a side player for a LONG time in this series. She has a past that is hinted about continually in other books and now I'll finally find out! Yay!

Ruthy never fails to deliver, and I think this one will prove to be a winner as well. My mother who is an avid historical fiction reader, and usually wouldn't pick up a comtempory novel if you paid her, is a huge fan of Ms. Herne. She even wants to read it before I do!

So there you have it folks, the books that I'm hyped about. Comment below and tell me what books you're excited for :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These all look like great novels, Faye. I love finally getting that book that I've long looked forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Christmas in the middle of the year!
    Fun isn't it?

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!