9.05.2011

Love Finds You in Groom Texas by Janice Hanna ~ review

Love Finds You in Groom, Texas by Janice Hanna: Book Cover
Happy Labor Day! I will be back to normal blogging as of today. Just thought I'd let you know that :)

My Review: Love Finds You in Groom, Texas is the tale of Jake O'Farrell, the youngest of five brothers and the only single man in a small town called, Groom. When a railroad derailment drops the girl of his dreams and her two lively sisters on his doorstep, he and his family know that life will never be the same.

This book was so much fun to read, not mention had me totally captivated on the car ride home from vacation. I'm not usually a car-reader so that says alot. (Usually I just can't focus).

This book contained so many memorable characters that I could go on forever about them! My favorites were Maggie, Jake's mother, and Jake. I don't usually fall for the heroes, but Jake...Yes, I fell for him. Maybe it's because he was a dead ringer for someone I used to know, or something, but Jake had me charmed.
Maggie his mother was a really sweet lady, very motherly, with a bucket of sass and straight talk on the side. Totally the kind of lady you would want to meet :)

I was happily surprised that this book contained messages that firm believers can actually relate to, like judging before you know the entire situation, and dealing with people who can be difficult. So often Christian books have messages that are hard for everyday believers to relate to, but this is a book for everybody :)

Overall I was utterly charmed by this sweet, and humorous read. And as I said before I could gush forever about the characters...don't even get me started. I will definitely be reading this book again :) The characters just did it for me, I highly recommend this book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!