9.30.2011

A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher ~ Review

A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher: Book Cover

My Review: When the town drunk is the only canidate for the office of mayor, Gwen Arlington decides to run against him. Little does she know that she won't be the only one running against him! Morgan McKinley, a wealthy newcomer to Bethlehem Springs, the owner of the new health spa, also decides to take up the challenge. As the sparks fly, will these adversaries become allies? Or more?

This is one of those books that I classify as an opposites-who-aren't-as opposite-as-they-think-attract book ;)
I've read some other books by Ms. Hatcher and I would have to say that this one lacks the emotional depth that I have come to associate with her writing. It's different. I had a hard time relating to the main characters as much as I had hoped. I found myself intrigued more by Gwen's tomboy sister, Cleo, and am now very excited to find out what happens to her in the next book!
Not to say that I didn't enjoy this book, but it wasn't quite what I had expected from Ms. Hatcher. Though, with that said, I found it an entertaining book, skillfully written, and amusing. I also hope to read the next book in the series, especially since it's starring Cleo :)

Overall, I enjoyed this book, although it was much lighter than the other books I have read by Ms. Hatcher, and would recommend it :) Thanks!

Final Rating: 4 out of 5


ISBN: 978-0-310-25805-6

Buy it Here

I received this book from Zondervan Publishing for free in return for an honest review. The opinions expressed are my own. Thank you :)

4 comments:

  1. Great review! :) I liked the second book better, and the third book was really good, too - so I hope you get to read them! Robin's books are very sweet. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm definitely planning to read the second one because I like Cleo so much :) So I hope to.
    Yes, I enjoy them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review and your recommendation.

    Have a great week Faye :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Ron :)

    You too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!