12.16.2011

The Irish Healer by Nancy Herriman ~ Review

The Irish Healer

My Review: Rich with lush descriptions, The Irish Healer sparkles with promise.

Accused of murder, Rachel goes to England to get away from the hurtful rumors that surround her family, after she is found innocent. Though she is innocent of murder, she still blames herself. Rachel comes to be under the employ of a burdened and hurting doctor, James Edmonds. As the two of them draw nearer together will they finally be able to accept the forgiveness that is waiting for them, and finally be set free?

For me this book had a nice writing voice and beautiful descriptions. There were tense senses of medical drama that were gripping and really kept the pages going, but at other times I felt a lull in the action and at times the characters did things that I didn't understand the logic behind. I wished that I had been drawn in more by the characters, there just needed to be something more to them. I wish that the main characters had had more meaningful conversations earlier on, to establish a friendship, because I felt that there should have been more to their relationship. The dialog is good, and often I could see the characters in my mind saying those things, like in a well done play before my eyes. This is a promising debut, and though there were rough edges I think that I will be looking out for what Ms. Harriman does next.

Final Rating: 3.8 out of 5

                                        The Irish Healer will be released in April of 2012
                                        

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley in return for an honest review.  The edition I read was not a final edition of the actual book, so my review is based on that and due to changes, and editing my review my no longer be relevant by the time the book comes out. Thanks.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love to hear from you!