12.12.2011

The Valley of Dreams by Lauraine Snelling ~ Review

Valley of Dreams

My Review: Once the star of a Wild West show, Cassie Lockwood is determined to carry on to her father's Valley of Dreams, after the disbandment of the show. So with the help of an elderly Native American and her friend Micah they make their way through North Dakota and into the Black Hills of South Dakota, to the Valley of Dreams.

This book was more of a character development and backstory book, introducing us to the characters that we will see later on it the series. It was slow moving at times and there just didn't seem to be enough story for the whole book. I needed more of a story to draw me in.

The characters' were likable and well developed. Though, I really wanted more of a story. I think the next book will have more going on, because there's definitely some foreshadowing going on!

Overall, this was not my favorite by this author and it was hard to get into. But the imagery was good, and the characters were well done, though I would have loved to see more emotional depth from them. I really was hoping for more depth, but in the end this book serves as a sturdy set up to the books to come.

Final Rating: 3.3 out of 5

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review, which I have done my best to express here :) Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!