2.09.2012

Best Forgotten by Paula Vince ~ Review

Best Forgotten

My Review: Surprisingly unputdownable.

After being hit by a car in the middle of the night, Courtney Lockwood wakes up not remembering who he is or what his name is. The more pieces of the puzzle he finds, the more his comes to loathe the person he used to be.

It grabbed me from the first page and didn't let go till the end. Excellently written, with lots of mystery. I loved how the author really took me into the story, and I could really tap into the confusion that Courtney was feeling.

I'm going to be honest, I've never picked up an Amnesia book before because I just never thought that it would work out, but Best Forgotten blew away all my reservations! I loved how conflicted and complex Courtney was, and how something that at first something that could have been tragic be worked out for the good of many.

Overall, Best Forgotten is a gripping, yet heart-warming novel, full of mystery, with a compelling storyline, that will have you frantically turning the pages to find out what happens next. Courtney's dry wit will having you cracking into a grin often. You will not regret picking up this fantastic read!

Final Rating: 5 out of 5

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. Thanks :)

    5 comments:

    1. Excellent review, Faye! Sounds like a very engaging story, one I should definitely look into if it's in my area.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you, Michael.
      I think you would love it!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Faye,
      My publisher directed me to this review. Thanks heaps for your kind words. I'd been nervous about tackling an amnesia story but really wanted to try. Feedback like this makes my day.
      Blessings,
      Paula V

      ReplyDelete
    4. PS, I forgot to mention, I have teenagers I homeschool :D Good on you.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Paula, that's awesome! I enjoyed your book immensely, and have been recommending it by word of mouth. You are totally welcome :D

      Homeschooling is such a wonderful thing, I'm sur ethat your children will be thanking you so much for the opportunities that they had being homeschooled.

      Have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear from you!