2.15.2012

Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble ~ Reveiw

Blue Moon Promise

My Review: An arranged marriage story with a twist.

Lucy Marsh struggles to raise her two siblings, keeping them out of the hands of their father's ill-meaning wife. When life in the city becomes too dangerous for them, Lucy gets a sudden proposal that may just be the answer to her prayers.
Nate is more than a little shocked when his father brings home a wife--not his father's wife, but Nate's!
Will Lucy and Nate, though thrown together by strange circumstances be able to weather the trials they face on the Texas range?

Definitely an interesting premise to begin a book! Written in a straight-forward manner that is easy to read and comprehend, Blue Moon Promise is a book that can be read in one huge gulp. I chuckled along with the characters, and smiled at Lucy's determination to not give up on her marriage, though it was based on less than normal terms. I loved how devoted she was to keeping her siblings safe, and cared for. This was the type of book that I could just dive into, I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next, and the pages turned rapidly. Not only is this book a romance, it's also a mystery! And that was a big part of why I kept reading well into the night, I had quite the time trying to guess the why behind Nate and Lucy's troubles.

I will admit that I was skeptical because of how unrealistically it all came about, with Lucy's proposal and such, but by the time I got into it I really didn't care how it had started, I was sucked into the plot! And I enjoyed watching Lucy and Nate's relationship grow.

Overall, an enjoyable read, that was a blast to read! I would recommend this book to fans of western romances, who love  some added mystery :) I think that fans of Robin Lee Hatcher's Sisters of Bethlehem Springs series would be a great match for this wonderful new series by Ms. Colleen Coble.

Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5

I received this book in return for an honest review.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not so much into the Western genre, but you make me want to read stories I'm usually not into. =]

    Is it appropriate to ask how you decide what books to review? Do you take recommendations, or is it from you picking one on your own free will?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, thank you! That is so very kind of you.

    Sure! Well, I am part of a handfull of Christian book marketing groups, where one of their many branches is blogging. The publishers provide me with a review copy of the book in return for an honest review. I can usually only have one book out at a time, and can opt in or out, depending on whether I want to be a part of the blog campaign or not. So yes, I do get to pick what I read, but if I pick something and then when I start reading it don't like it I have to keep reading and review it anyway. Sometimes I do review books that I read for leisure, if I really liked them :) I do take review requests from authors from time to time, but I try to stick to the Christian fiction genre, though I read many of its sub-genres. But for the most part I am in control of the content of my blog. Thanks for asking, Michael, and I hope this answers your question :) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has been very helpful. Thanks a top, Faye. As it happens I am an author seeking an honest review on my book that was published quite recently. Its genre is Christian Fantasy, if you accept reviews on volumes of that kind. Normally I would track down how to contact, in this case, the reviewer, but since there appears to be no way other than the comments, those are what I'd have to use, if you understand. I'm not going to put any links down for fear of coming across as spam, so if you'd be interested you may reply to this, and we can work out the rest from there. I wish you a wonderful week as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Michael, you're welcome. I'm glad that the explanation helped. And yes, I totally understand, about the communication through comments :D
    I would be very interested in reviewing your book, but I probably won't be able to get around to it until late March. So if that's OK, then I'd love to. Feel free to email me at : crazi.swans at gmail dot com with more details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Thank you very much! Just so you know, I have a hotmail account, so if you don't receive anything it probably means something's keeping it from coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'll check my spam as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!