2.29.2012

Pirate of My Heart by Jamie Carie ~ Review

Pirate of My Heart: A Novel

My Review: Adventure abounds on this tale that takes you from England to America and back again.

Lady Kendra Townsend in an effort to get a way from a horrible marriage arranged by her uncle, escapes onto a ship bound for America. There she encounters the ship's dashing captain, who might just steal her heart away.

Lady Kendra is passionate, and so is Dorian Colburn. When they meet spark fly, and hearts collide. This book was well-written, yet I must be honest and say that the plot was a bit far-fetched for my personal taste. And I had a hard time understanding why, characters made some of the choices that they did. While I did enjoy the action, and I later appreciated some of the foreshadowing. I thought that after reading the book as a whole, that the strongest thread of the storyline got a bit buried under a couple of sub-plots. It was a fun book to read, and I enjoyed the action part of this book immensely.

Overall, I will say that this was a fun book, with a great setting, though I fear that this was not my type of story.This book is best described as, a romance between two passionate souls. And if that is what you are looking for, then this might just be the book for you!

Final Rating: 3.6 out of 5

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!