4.30.2012

Northbound by Stuart F. Griffin ~ Review


My Review: An adventure of friendship.

Sheriff Will Jacobs' wife, Emma, is stolen from him, and he will stop at nothing to get her back. His journey will take faith, courage, and the help of some newfound friends. Each of them will be tested, and challenged in brand new ways.

I'm gonna be completely honest with you and tell you that it started out rough, and I felt like the beginning was kind of back-story heavy. But the book got much better as it progressed onward, and we got to know the characters, as well as meet wonderful new ones.
I would probably sub-catagorize this one as a Western, even though it's a bit hard to tell for sure from the cover and the back blurb. I think Mr. Griffin did a great job of bringing the good, old-time western feel to the book as well as the mystery. I also really liked the strong Christian themes, and standards in this books and how Emma and Will both had strong faith, and were determined to trust God the whole way through. I also really loved the characters like, Yann and Tanger that they picked up along the way, who both had their lives touched by Will even though they never would have met if not for Will's wife getting kidnapped.

Overall, I would say that this is a great western with grit and guts, and a little rough around the edges. An enjoyable read to the last. It's a small book, that packs a punch :)

I received this book from the publisher in exchange from an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!