5.04.2012

What I'm Reading / Up to This Weekend ~ 5/4-5/6/12


The Pursuit of Lucy Banning: A Novel


Hello there! I hope y'all had a wonderful week. I'll admit that I did not get as much reading done as I wanted this week, what with the end of Awana (my mom is the Sparks director, so we are kept busy!) and with the ominous SAT coming my way tomorrow...I've spent alot of this week reviewing vocab cards.

But I am in the middle of The Pursuit of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport, which I am absolutely loving! A delightful read that is hard to put down, and since I just came off of watching Downton Abbey ...yes, again...I found myself pleasantly reminded of it. Though this book is very much set in America, and such but it does remind me of Downton...but that might just be me :)

Here's the back blurb:

Lucy Banning may live on the exclusive Prairie Avenue among Chicago's rich and famous, but her heart lies elsewhere. Expected to marry an up-and-coming banker from a respected family, Lucy fears she will be forced to abandon her charity work--and the classes she is secretly taking at the newly opened University of Chicago. When she meets an unconventional young architect who is working on plans for the upcoming 1893 World's Fair, Lucy imagines a life lived on her own terms. Can she break away from her family's expectations? And will she ever be loved for who she truly is?

Well that's what I'm reading. What about you, what will you be reading this weekend? I'd love to hear from you :)

Have an SAT free weekend...lol...just kidding.
Have a amazing weekend :D

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!