9.05.2012

The Surrender by Gilbert Morris ~ Review


The Surrender
My Review: Another historically charged read from Gilbert Morris!

The Surrender tells the two intertwined tales of the fictional Tremayne family along with the love story of Robert E. Lee's devotion to his wife.

I have been a fan of Gilbert Morris's book ever since I was eleven and his were the only adult books beside Janette Oke's that I was allowed to read. The Surrender is another great novel, historically acurate and engaging.
One of my favorite things about this book was how Mr. Morris does such a great job of portraying Robert E. Lee. I also enjoy how the historical facts are woven into the story so that what is going on all around is explained, while making it so that the reader comes away with a better understanding and knowledge of the time period.
The characters are likable, (unless they aren't supposed to be) and deport themselves with honor. Morgan was a great main character, who like Robert E. Lee had a passion for his country and felt that it was his duty to fight for it even if he didn't agree with everything it stood for.

Overall, another great novel from Gilbert Morris. In my mind Gilbert Morris is a timeless author, I have enjoyed his books for years, and intend to enjoy them for years to come :)

I received this ebook from the publisher in exhchange for an honest review. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked this, I have the first two but I haven't read them yet. I can't wait!
    Thanks for the review on this one, I'll have to find this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Gilbert Morris is one of my favorites :)
      You are welcome! I just love the cover on this one, it is so pretty!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!