12.01.2012

Sagebrush Knights by Erica Vetsch ~ Review

Sagebrush Knights

Lucie's Review: A wonderful western novella collection, set in the wonderful state of Wyoming!

The Gerhard Sisters journey to Wyoming as mail-order in hopes of finding a place to start over, and a chance at love?

Evelyn surprises her perspective husband by not telling him that she has a son from her previous marriage, but he might just have a secret of his own.
Jane has always struggled with being, in her own personal opinion, the plainest of the sisters. Harrison, her husband-to-be, is working hard to make a go of his ranch, and prove to his father that he can make it on his own. Will he take the time to notice the woman, who may be able to make his dream a reality?
Gwendolyn arrives to find that her supposed perspective husband is dead, but marrying her wasn't what the deceased had in mind...he was hoping she'd marry someone else!
Emmeline meets her husband while his house is going up in flames! But that isn't the first surprise that awaits Emmeline...


I loved how in this collection of novellas all of the stories were occurring simultaneously, and so all of the sisters didn't know what was going on with their siblings.
Each of the stories was engaging, and I loved each of the stories and the sisters, the characters were all well developed and I loved how resourceful each of the sisters were. I loved the uniqueness of each of the sisters' situations, that had touches of humor to them and I loved the fun side characters!

Overall, I loved this novella collection! Sagebrush Knights had all of my favorite things in it, cowboys, Wyoming, and mail-order brides, add that to stellar character developement, wonderful plotlines, and terrific storytelling, and that pretty much sums up how much there was that I loved about this book :) And one of the things that I thought that Ms. Vetsch handled amazingly well was how each of the stories fit into the length of the story, the characters used the time that they had together well, I loved watching their relationships grow. A novella collection, that just might be my new favorite!

I received this ebook from Netgalley in return for an honest review. Thank you!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book, thanks for reviewing this one Faye!
    I nominated you for the sunshine award, congrats Faye!
    Blessings, Kara
    http://karathewriter.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!