1.05.2013

Camellia by Diane T. Ashley & Aaron McCarver ~ Review

Camellia

Lucie's Review:

Camellia is convinced that if she doesn't go to finishing school in New Orleans that she will never be able to marry a rich husband and escape her life on the river.
Jonah Thorton is a spy for the Union Army who comes from a wealthy family in New Orleans, and checking up on a family friend, named Camellia is the perfect cover. Sparks fly between Camellia and Jonah as they get caught up in the terrifying world of spying.

Filled with action and intrigue, Camellia invites the reader in to the world of spying during the Civil War. This is the second book in a series, and I would highly recommend reading Lily first because Camellia keeps up with the main characters from the first book and the relationships will make more sense if you do. The World of Camellia is lush and chock full of intriguing characters, that are at times a bit hard to keep track of. But I loved the intricacy of the plot and getting to see old characters featured in this sequel.

Overall, this was a wonderful read and I think I appreciated this book so much more because I had already read the previous book, and that way I could just jump into the story and I didn't have to wonder what was going on. I loved all the characters and there were some great surprises along the way, a very enjoyable read. I eagerly look forward to reading its sequel.

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!