1.18.2013

The Heart of a Soiled Dove by Sarah Jae Foster ~ Review

The Heart of a Soiled Dove (Book #1)
Faye's Review:

Aurora Young has escaped a life of prostitution, and has taken her second chance to start over very seriously. A new believer in Christ all she wants to do is get away from her past and live a normal life. But when she purchases a ranch and stirs up trouble in town, it isn't long before trouble is knocking on her door again. Will Aurora and her new-found friends be able to band together and turn the town around?

Ms. Foster has written a lovely tale, with a strong-willed, determined, and noble heroine. I loved how Aurora didn't just want to change her life, but she wanted to show others the same kindness and love that Christ had shown her.

The story started out slower than I would have liked, but as I got to know the characters and the plot thickened I found myself quite enjoying it. Definitely a book that get's better as it goes.

Overall a lovely tale, that I enjoyed more than I thought I would, when I first started. I guess I wish that there had been more interactions between Donovan and Aurora as friends, and building their trust. I will definitely be watching out for more of Ms. Foster's books in the future!

I received this book from the author in return for an honest review. Thanks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!