1.01.2017

Looking Back on 2016

2016 has brought a lot of changes into my life. There have been high points and low ones, though now on the other side of it, I feel that it has helped me to grow immensely. 

Looking back at the beginning of the year, I was working as a dental assistant in public health, working chairside, front desk, and with the school-based clinics, with temporary status (about 20-28 hrs weekly) as well as working retail about an average of 25 hrs a week.  A full time position opened up in the public health clinic, and I applied. But unfortunately I did not get the position. And I'll be honest it was a difficult time, as I wasn't entirely sure what to do next. But I continued to stay busy with work, reading, blogging, and church.

So in February and March, I spent a lot of time applying for jobs and going to interviews. As well as still working as a temp dental assistant and retail. The end of March and beginning of April the full-time position I had previously applied for opened up again, and on April 25th, I began working full time hours at my main job. I decided to keep 10-15hrs a week with my retail job as well. During this time I also began attending a young adult church group.

In Mid-May my maternal grandmother passed into the arms of Our Lord in heaven. So we traveled to Wyoming for her funeral. It was wonderful to see so many of my extended family all together in one place, though the reason that had brought us together was bittersweet. 

In early July I took a trip with 2 of my dear friends to Wisconsin, and also Minneapolis to the Mall of America. Soon after our trip, an opportunity opened up for one of my dear friends, Amber, and she accepted a teaching position in China, teaching the English language to children at a elective school.

At the end of August Amber moved to China. 

In September I began volunteering at a local mission on Saturday mornings.

In October, I turned 22.

In November I began picking up extra shifts at my retail job, working 20-23 hrs retail in addition to my full-time job. Meanwhile, still blogging, attending Bible study, helping in Awana, and volunteering when I could.

December flew by, though a joyous time to celebrate the Savior.I continued to work 60-63hrs a week between by jobs, in addition to everything else. I looked forward to the hour between jobs on Friday, and the 3 hours between volunteering on Saturday and my 2nd job, Sunday was my day off,though I was still very busy. Christmas was a lovely day, and our family was joined by a couple from church who has become dear to our family. 

It seems this year has flown by, though it has brought many changes, and not all of them mentioned here. I have made many new friends, done new things, taken more responsibility, and grown a lot as a person. I'm thankful for the countless blessings that have been bestowed on me throughout the year, and I can't wait to see what 2017 will hold!  ~ Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!