2.27.2012

ACT & College Preparation Course for the Christian Student by James P. Stobaugh

ACT & College Preparation Course for the Christian Student

My Review: Getting ready for the ACT? This book can help.

This book takes you through the basics of the ACT with 50 comprehensive lessons designed to increase the comfort of the student when taking the big test. Categories such as writing, math, science, critical reading, and practice essay writing, are covered with ease. I found this book especially helpful for answering all my little questions about the test, before I even had them! Filled with great little tips and strategies for certain parts of the test, which questions to skip, which ones to answer, etc.  Also there are memory verses that go along with every lesson, so not only are you feeding your brain, but your spirit as well! Peppered throughout the lessons were many thought provoking quotes that are fun to read and collect. The exercises can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on whether there is an essay practice or not. I haven't yet taken my ACT, but I feel so much more prepared and ready for it than I did before starting this course. So we'll see how it goes this Spring!

Overall, I found this course easy to understand and use. It doesn't take that much time, the lessons are for the most part short, but with great review of a variety of different subjects. I really loved the Christ -centeredness of the entire course, that focuses not just on doing well on your ACT but fostering your spiritual growth. Even the appendix is packed with great resources! Mr. Stobaugh's courses are some of the best I have ever used and I highly recommend this book.

Final Rating : 5 out of 5

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review but simply to state my honest opinion. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!