4.01.2020

How I'm Doing: Life Update

It's hard to know what to say in times like these.

I'm at a loss for words.

I want to be upbeat and encouraging despite the challenges we are facing, but I also want to respectful of the difficulties that many close to me are facing being laid off of work, or with loved ones who are at an especially high risk due to pre-existing health conditions.

I'll be honest it's difficult to know how to respond. My heart hurts for those who have lost loved ones, and for those who are struggling to make ends meet and don't know if they will be able to keep a roof over their family's head or food on table. If this is you, know that you are in my prayers.

This has been a time of slowing down and reflection as well. I've been very blessed, and I am so thankful to have a very people centered employer who is doing the best to make sure that our needs are met while we continue to serve our community. To be honest my family has not been immediately affected by these changes, as I continue to work my full-time job--with reduced hours coming soon, and both my father and brother are very busy working in the grocery industry.

During this time of social distancing and self-isolation it has been amazing to me how over and over these past few weeks whenever I have been tempted to worry or despair, I have been reminded of how great my God is. He is sovereign over all. Over the economy. Over our leaders. Especially over COVID-19. He is in control and I am not. Luke 12:25-31 has been a passage that keeps coming to mind during the last few weeks, and has been a great source of encouragement.

Forgive my rambling thoughts.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!