12.06.2012

Interview with Pam Funke!



Welcome! I’m so excited to be interviewing you! First, I would love it if you would start by briefly telling us how your writing journey began. Please share with us one fact about you that not many people know. And
feel free to have fun with the question! I am the proud grand-daughter of a pastor and was brought up in the church. I love serving God and living a Christian life. God has blessed me abundantly not only with many creative talents but with wonderful children. I have two adult children, a daughter aged 21 and a son aged 19. Besides reading and writing, I enjoy photography, cooking, painting, drawing, scrap-booking and anything creative actually. 

If you could be best friends with any of the characters in your novel, who would it be? Why? I would probably be best friends with is Katie Farnsworth. Katy is a sweet, elderly Christian woman who would do everything in her power to help someone. She has a heart pleasing to God. She tries to do things that pleases God in everything that she does, but she is quite human and makes mistakes just like everyone else. She is a lot like myself.

What inspired this novel? My inspiration behind it was The Left Behind Series by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. While I enjoyed reading their series very much, I don’t believe that they realized that many non-Christians would be reading the series and enjoying it as well. So I decided to write a series that is just as exciting as theirs but I also include Biblical scripture to back up what I have to say so that my readers can check it out for themselves if they so choose.

 What are 3 things you like to do to relax? I enjoy scrapbooking, painting and reading.

What book(s) are you reading, or have read lately? I am currently reading A Christmas Home by Greg Kinkaid; an excellent read by the way.

Operation Dark AngelWhat piece of writing advice have you received that was most helpful to you? Someone once told me to write to my heart's content. I took this to mean that my writing should be influenced by my heart and that I should write not only for the enjoyment of others but mostly for my own enjoyment.

Where can readers connect with you? You can reach me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Four-Horsemen-Series-Fan-Club/246913845377700), twitter (@4HorsemenSeries) and on my blog (http://thefourhorsemenseries.blogspot.com/).

Thank you so much for giving me the pleasure of an interview with you! And I wish you the very best with your newest release!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!