7.01.2011

The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck by Kathleen Y'Barbo ~ review

Cover of ISBN: 0307444821


"Sometimes romance is just an inconvenient marriage away!" - From the back cover of The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck.

While visiting Europe Charlotte Beck meets the Viscount Alex Hambly, and falls - literally - into his arms. Charlotte wants to pursue a career in her father's business, while Alex has a passion for astronomy. Charlotte's father meets Alex and immediately takes a liking to him.
Pressured by her father, Charlotte and Alex enter into an inconvenient marriage. Sparks fly and a battle of wills rages. Can love really be just an Inconvenient Marriage away?

My Review: This book had me hook, line, and sinker from page one! The characters were charming and lovable, despite their faults. Ms. Y'Barbo's voice was perfect for this book, and the pace moved right along. It isn't often that a book draws me in so completely. I loved how the sparks flew (sometimes literally) between Alex and Charlotte, not to mention the humor that had me chortling constantly. I could go on and on about how the chemistry between Alex and Charlotte entertained me, but for the sake of keeping your attention, I won't.

The characters were well done and believable. Charlotte and Alex weren't perfect but they both had their charms. Charlotte was spoiled, but somehow I ended up loving her anyway. Alex was a perfect gentleman and easy to fall for hero.

I was surprised at how easily I believed the plot and characters, at first I wasn't sure that I would. But the plot worked very nicely for me and fit the tone of the writing to a T. This is the perfect read for anyone who loves a good old fashioned western romance, with a healthy dose of humor.

As the book moved along, I found that the pages flipped by at a steady, but fast rate. There wasn't a moment I was detached or un-entertained. I can guarantee, that I will be recommending this book to  all my friends, in fact I just handed it off to my mother! Definitely one of my new favorites!

Buy it HERE!

                    

Thanks to Blogging for Books (Waterbrook/Multnomah) for a complimentary review copy of this title. This is my honest opinion. Thanks!

2 comments:

I love to hear from you!