1.16.2012

Letting Go

Letting go of things that we love is part of life. Sometimes it's a person, sometimes it's something that is a huge part of our lives, or pretty much anything else that means something to us, that we are called to give up. But God is faithful, and He will see us through. It's painful, and at times it feels as if we can't go on.

I'm not a believer of the saying, "All good things must come to an end." Why? Because God's love is never ending! But earthly things can be deceptive, and what we think is best may be nothing compared to what God has in store for us. He will carry us through. Letting something or someone you love go hurts, and that's OK. God doesn't promise that it won't be painful. But he does promise that He will be there, for us to lean on. And that what He has in store is for the best.

Endure hardship as discipline. God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? -- Hebrews 12:7 (NIV 1984)



No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. --Hebrews 12:11 (NIV 1984)

Letting go is never easy. But sometimes it's a part of life, and God may be letting these things be taken away to strengthen our faith in Him. I know that through the recent ordeal I have struggled with, my faith has really grown. It hurt. It was painful. But even now, though it's far from over, I can see that even though I was forced to give up something I love I know that it was for the best.

P.S. Do not fear! This is not about blogging, I will continue to blog, and possibly be blogging more than ever!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post, Faye. It IS hard to let go of something/someone that means a lot to you. I believe God smiles down at your faith and obedience, and is already preparing something far better! (Btw - I love your new blog template :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The cool thing is that now I'm beginning to see how wonderful and bright my life can be without the particular thing in my life. And it's wonderful to have that reassurance from God, that this IS right where He wants me to be :)
    And thanks! I love it too, it's so bright and springy in the middle of winter :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!