12.02.2011

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend




Close
1/1



The Irish Healer
I've been busy, but I have still gotten some reading in :) So here's a peek at what I'm reading.

The Irish Healer: Accused of murdering a child under her care, Irish healer Rachel Dunne flees the ensuing scandal while vowing to never sit at another sickbed. She no longer trusts in her abilities—or God’s mercy. But when a cholera epidemic sweeps through London, she feels compelled to nurse the dying daughter of the enigmatic physician she has come to love. James Edmunds, wearied by the deaths of too many patients, has his own doubts about God’s grace. Can they each face their darkest fears? Or is it too late to learn that trust and love just might heal their hearts?


A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas

A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas :
Quench your craving for good fiction with this wonderfully written Old West adventure. Hoping to leave the shadows of her shady yesteryears behind, Adeline Reid is focusing on her photography career. But when her ex-boyfriend’s compatriot in crime shows up in Dodge City her entire past is threatened by exposure. Can Addie keep her secrets while helping to catch a killer? Deputy Miles Carr’s investigation into a shopkeeper’s murder leads him to Addie’s door. Will his attraction to this female photographer keep him from catching the true culprit? Or will Addie lead him off course in more ways than one?


Mine Is the NightMine is the Night: Stepping from a battered coach on a rainy April eve, newly widowed Elisabeth Kerr must begin again, without husband or title, property or fortune. She is unafraid of work and gifted with a needle, but how will she stitch together the tattered remnants of her life? And who will mend her heart, torn asunder by betrayal and deception?
Elisabeth has not come to Selkirk alone. Her mother-in-law, Marjory Kerr, is a woman undone, having buried her husband, her sons, and any promise of grandchildren. Dependent upon a distant cousin with meager resources, Marjory dreads the future almost as much as she regrets the past. Yet joy still comes knocking, and hope is often found in unexpected places.
Then a worthy hero steps forward, rekindling a spark of hope. Will he risk his reputation to defend two women labeled as traitors to the Crown? Or will a wealthy beauty, untainted by scandal, capture his affections?
The heartrending journey of the Kerr women comes to a glorious finish in Mine Is the Night, a sparkling gem of redemption and restoration set in eighteenth-century Scotland. 

Well, that's what I'm in the middle of right now :) What are you reading? I'd love to hear from you. Have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like some fabulous weekend reading! I'm especially intrigued by The Irish Healer - anxious to read your review! :)

    This weekend I'm hoping to spend some time reading To Die For and The Hound of the Baskervilles (by Sir Arther Conan Doyle). I'm planning on doing my Personality Theory paper on Sherlock from the PBS Masterpiece contemporary series, so I'm kind of on a Sherlock Holmes kick! ;)

    And I've got to read Antony and Cleopatra soon for my Shakespeare paper!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and all of them are fabulous. I'm somewhere in the middle of all of them! And to add to that I notice that Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones was fast becoming due back at the library so I decided to read that too!

    I got The Irish Healer from NetGalley so you could probably snag a copy :) Though, it's not the most action or intrigue, it's more of a gentle romance :)

    To Die For is so good I was thrilled to know that there will be 2 sequels!

    It would seem that you are quite the Sherlock fan! Sounds fun :)

    Oh, Shakespeare! I have a love/hate relationship with Shakespeare. LOL. Should be educational, it's great for vocabulary building :)

    I can't wait for your review of To Die For :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great reads Faye! Mine is the Night has been sitting on my bookshelf for awhile and I really need to get to it. I love Liz's books! I haven't heard of the other two. I'll have to add them to my TBR shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed. Mine is the Night is so good! I just love how it's allegorical, historic, and romantic, all at the same time!
    The other two are great as well :)
    Thanks, Cathy, for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!