4.30.2013

Heiress by Susan May Warren ~ Review

Heiress (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
My Review: Oh the Drama!

Esme and Jinx are two debutantes born into privilege and wealth, expected to marry well and build their family's good name. But in a world of glamour and glitz, things are not always what they appear...

I fell in love with this book, and its portrayal of the Gilded Age and how truly treacherous it could be, and how few are who they appear to be. The descriptions were lush, and I got a good feel for the various class differences represented.

I loved how Ms. Warren brought out the tension and conflict in the characters, couldn't put the book down for long because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next.

This book has everything you could ask for in a good drama, tortured characters, forbidden love affairs, regret, mystery, heartbreak, and second chances. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of The Forsyte Saga and Downton Abbey, because in my opinion it is better than both of them, this book completely blew me away!

My favorite characters were probably Esme and Daughtry, because they were both so well written and more compelling to me personally. Daughtry, was a fantastic hero who had a string faith and was willing to risk his life without hesitation if it would save others.

Overall, I highly recommend this book, I don't want to tell you too much about the story, but to be honest you wouldn't believe me if I told what happened anyway, you'll just have to read it yourself!

I actually wasn't required to write a review for this book I just wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!