10.02.2026

Lady Flyer by Heather B. Moore // Review

My Review: 

Based on the inspiring true story of flying pioneer Nancy Harkness Love as she fights for women's place in the sky during WWII. 

Nancy discovers her love for flying as a young woman and pursues it into a career alongside her supportive husband Bob Love. I loved how she fought for quality and safety in training for the women, without taking shortcuts, and putting the ladies under her first. 

A well written historical novel, well researched and written with respect to the real historical figures. I loved the strong relationship between Nancy and Bob, built on a shared love for flying and mutual respect. I learned a lot about the formation of the WAFS and WASPs and the fight for women to serve their country during wartime. 

Riveting read, with strong characters great storytelling, while honoring the real-life women who sacrificed to serve their country. Entertaining and I walked away feeling like I learned so much! Highly recommend!


I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!