8.24.2011

The Victory Club by Robin Lee Hatcher ~ review


The Victory Club by Robin Lee Hatcher: Book Cover
My Review: The Victory Club is a book that follows four different women during WWII, each with different stories. The choices they make will change their lives. Will they each chose to lean on the their Creator for strength or will they turn away?

This is only the second book I've ever read by Ms. Hatcher, but I'm already a fan. Her books have a depth to them that make them each timeless. (At least the 2 I've read). The focus of the book is each individual woman's relationship with God and how they deal with the many trials that come their way.

What I enjoyed about this book was the shortage of frills and do-dads. Ms. Hatcher told the story with a realness and rawness that should be appreciated, without boring me to death - in fact, just the opposite. It was very hard to put down.

The book was well written as well as at times heartbreakingly realistic. No fluff here :) I would recommend this to people who want to read a book that they can relax with, yet has substance to it. Ms. Hatcher's fans are sure to enjoy it. If you aren't a Robin Lee Hatcher fan I highly recommend picking up one of her books, you won't regret it.

Overall, a very well done book, that will draw you in to each of these women's personal struggles. I picked this book up at my church library, but I'm sure it's not that hard to find. This is my honest opinion. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!