4.20.2012

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend 4/20-22/12


Before the Scarlet Dawn

Howdy! I hope you are all having a wonderful week of creative constructiveness, and great reading!

I have no idea how much reading I will get done this weekend, but there are a few that I am hoping to finish :)

First up is Before the Scarlet Dawn by Rita Gerlach. So far I'm not really crazy about it, but it does have a steadiness to it that is to be admired, so I will persevere! It is quite good.

Here's the back blurb:
In 1775, Hayward Morgan, a young gentleman destined to inherit his father's estate in Derbyshire, England, captures the heart of the local vicar's daughter, Eliza Bloome. Her dark beauty and spirited ways are not enough to win him, due to her station in life.
This is book 1 in the 'Daughters of the Potomac' series. The genre is historical drama, not sweet romance. The series deals with deep issues that many women faced in the late 18th century.


Need You Now Another book that I am hoping to finish is Beth Wiseman's Need You Now. Though considering how much of a Beth Wiseman fan I am it should be no problem!

Here's  what the back cover says:

When big-city life threatens the safety of one oftheir children, Brad and Darlene Henderson move with their three teenagers fromHouston to the tiny town of Round Top, Texas.
Adjusting to small-town life is difficult for thekids, especially fifteen-year-old Grace who is coping in a dangerous way.
Married life hasn't always been bliss, but their strong faith has carried them throughthe difficult times. When Darlene takes a job outside the home for the firsttime in their marriage, the domestic tension rises.
While working with special needs children at hernew job, the widowed father of one of Darlene's students starts paying moreattention to her than is appropriate. Problem is, she feels like someone islistening to her for the first time in a long time. If Darlene ever needed God . . . it's now.
"Experience a family's triumphant defeat over lies, betrayal, and loss while still clinging to the One who matters most. "

I'm also working on Northbound, for which I had a hard time getting a cover photo, and a bio, but be looking for my review sometime next week!

Well that's what I'm reading, so now the big question is, what are YOU reading? You know that I'd love to hear about it :)

Have a blessed weekend, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!