11.16.2013

Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden ~ Review

Into the Whirlwind

My Review:

Mollie Knox has found a purpose in following in her father's footsteps by making famously intricate watches, but when the Great Chicago Fire takes almost everything from her she finds herself relying on the one man she swore she'd never trust.
Zach Kazmarek has made a name for himself as a lawyer to be reckoned with, from a humble home he has worked for everything that her has. Zach has admired Mollie from afar for years and now that he has the opportunity to help her, will he keep her best interests in mind?

A wonderful historical novel set during the aftermath of the Great Chicago Fire, as people dusted themselves off and set about the hard task of rebuilding. I loved how this book showed how the best and the worst in people can be brought out through these times, and dealt with parts of the human condition.

I immediately admired Mollie, for her hard working spirit, love and dedication to her friends. This book was filled with so much history and a vast array of characters whose lives were forever changed by the fire, and many who became stronger because of it.

This was a wonderful story with so many characters who endeared themselves to me over the course of the story and they grew.

Overall, another terrific book from Ms. Camden. I could tell that a lot of research went into this book and I felt that it realistically showed what was going on during the aftermath of the fire. Great book!

Thank you to Ms. Camden for providing me with a review copy of this wonderful book, in return for me expressing my honest thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!