8.14.2014

Captured by Love by Jody Hedlund ~ Review

Captured by Love (Michigan Brides, #3)My Review:

Ms. Hedlund just gets better with every new book, and this book is no exception!

Angelique long for safety, for security against the changing temperaments of her step-father and his new wife, the hunger, and the British soldiers that wring the colonists dry.
When her childhood friend, Pierre Durant comes back to Michilimackinac Island, Angelique is hurt and confused. But as their friendship begins to turn into something more, Angelique finds herself even more confused as she has already promised herself to Pierre's brother, Jean.
How can Angelique stay true to her promise when her heart longs to be somewhere else?

A well told story, set on Michilimackinac Island during the war of 1812, shows the struggles faced by the families stuck between the British and American forces, with tensions high. I can honestly say that I don't think I ever thought about places like Michilimackinac before and what they went through during the war, but Ms. Hedlund really brought the backwoods community/army barracks setting to life, and I can tll that she put a lot of research into making it so realistic.

Angelique was a heroine that I liked from the very start, she was beautiful inside and out, humble and hard working, I loved how she put the needs of Miriam before her own. She was bright, yet vulnerable, and heroine that had me cheering for her from the very beginning.

Pierre was a rakishly handsome trapper, hard to read at times, yet with a heart of gold.

Overall, this was a fantastic read, and quite possibly my favorite from Ms. Hedlund yet! The characters and their situations were well defined, and I was swept up into the story, not wanting to put it down. Compelling, and action packed, with great romantic tension, this is not a book that you will want to miss! Highly recommend.


Thank so much Ms. Hedlund for letting me read and review your wonderful book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!