10.03.2011

The Wonder of Your Love by Beth Wiseman ~ review

The Wonder of Your Love (Land of Canaan Series #2) by Beth Wiseman: Book Cover 

My Review: The Wonder of Your Love is now officially my favorite Amish book ever, bar none.

I've been a fan of Beth Wiseman ever since my dear friend from church introduced me to her books, and now I am seriously addicted. If you asked me if I could name one thing about this book that made it great, I don't think that I could answer. Because it wasn't one thing, but so many things that added together and made this book amazing.
The depth of the characters and their stories, is incredible. This is a book where you melt right into the book and feel as if you are at the characters' sides, it feels that real!

Not to mention the little things a that you learn about the Amish without having the information thrown at you, Ms. Wiseman knows what she's talking about and it shows in her writing. Another thing that I LOVED about this book was how deep emotionally it was, yet there was humor and life at the same time, making it a well balanced satisfying read. The struggles of the characters really touched my heart, with how they wrestled with their faith and deep questions, even though my life was nothing like theirs, at all.

I realize that this is the second book in a series, so it might not be as easy for others to get into as it was for me, as I have read every book in the series and in the series that this one spun off of. So I would suggest reading the other books first, because it will make this book that much better :)

Overall, The Wonder of Your Love hit every note flawlessly, and I stayed up ssooo late at night reading it, because Ms. Wiseman kept me in suspense with every page. I haven't read a book so well-rounded in a long time. A very enjoyable read, completely delightful. It was so hard to start another book after finishing this one because I just wanted to sit back and soak in the ending. I HIGHLY recommend this book. A thoroughly satisfying book that will grip you in a handful of ways.

Final Rating 5.2 out of 5 - Out of this world!


ISBN: 978-1-59554-886-3
Buy it Here

I received this book from Booksneeze (Thomas Nelson Publishers) for free in return for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!