10.28.2011

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend

A Whisper of Peace by Kim Vogel Sawyer: Book Cover

Hello there, I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, so with that in mind, I have only one weekend pick.
So without further ado, my weekend pick is A Whisper of Peace by Kim Vogel Sawyer.

After reading Courting Miss Amsel, by the same author, I became on the lookout for more books by Ms. Sawyer, so I'm excited to read this one :) Also a good friend highly recommended it too me, so I'm sure it'll be good.

(Back Blurb): Ostracized by her tribe because of her white father, Lizzie Dawson lives alone in the mountains of Alaska, practicing the ways of her people even as she resides in the small cabin her father built for her mother. She dreams of reconciling with her grandparents to fulfill her mother's dying request, but she has not yet found a way to bridge the gap that separates her from her tribe.

Clay Selby has always wanted to be like his father, a missionary who holds a great love for the native people and has brought many to God. Clay arrives in Alaska to set up a church and school among the Athabascans. He is totally focused on his goal...until he meets a young, independent Indian woman with the most striking blue eyes he's ever seen.

But Lizzie is clearly not part of the tribe. And befriending her might have dire consequences for his mission. Will Clay be forced to choose between his desire to minister to the natives and the quiet nudging of his heart?

So what are you reading? I'd love to hear from you :)
Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!