10.14.2011

Books that I'm Looking Forward to Reading ~ Weekend

Necessary Deception, A: A Novel by Laurie Alice Eakes: Book Cover

Hey there :) Since I don't have any review today, the result of reading five amazing books at once. I thought I'd highlight some books I'm looking forward to!

First up, Laurie Alice Eakes' A Necessary Deception. After reading Ms. Eakes' Lady in the Mist everything else by her immediately became a must read. And let me tell you that I am so excited to dig into this one! If you haven't read anything by Ms. Eakes before, let me tell you that you are missing out big time! I just started it today and it's hard to put down :)

(Back Blurb): When young widow Lydia Gale helps a French prisoner escape obtain parole, she never dreams she will see him again. But just as the London Season gets underway, the man presents himself in her parlor. While she should be focused on getting her headstrong younger sister prepared for her entree in Society, Lady Gale finds herself preoccupied with the mysterious Frenchman. Is he a spy or a suitor? Can she trust him? Or is she putting herself and her family in danger?

Discover a world of elegance and intrigue, balls and masquerades as Laurie Alice Eakes whisks you into the drawing rooms of London Society on this exciting quest to let the past stay in the past-and let love guide the future.
The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall: Book Cover
Another book I'm excited to read is Cindy Woodsmall's The Christmas Singing. I am a new fan of Ms. Woodsmall, and I love reading Christmas books in fall, so this should really hit the spot for me :)

(Back Blurb): Gideon Beiler has loved Mattie Eash since they were Children. But when face with unexpected circumstances, he breaks off the engagement. He doesn't want to lie to her, but he believes that telling Mattie the truth would be more hurtful.

Brokenhearted, Mattie moves to from Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania, to Ohio, where she pursues her longtime dream of becoming a cake decorator. She finds a new beau-a man offering the secure relationship Gideon has denied her.

When Mattie is forced to return to Apple Ridge, she and Gideon must confront the suffering created by dishonesty-and address the powerful emotions that continue to bind the childhood friends.

Cowboy Christmas by Mary Connealy: Book CoverLast and certainly not least, a book that I cannot put down, Cowboy Christmas by Mary Connealy. I'm currently reading it, and I really like it...alot! And I should probably go finish it, right now :) But before I go here's the back blurb, in case you haven't read this one yet (I can't believe that I haven't for so long!) Plus it's in Wyoming...I love Wyoming it's my favorite state!

(Back Blurb): Singer Annette Talbot used her voice to spread the gospel with a traveling missionary troupe. When the Latrells take over and want Annie to dress provocatively and give up singing her beloved hymns, Annie flees to Ranger Bluff, Wyoming, dreaming of reuniting with her father for Christmas. But trouble chases her-right off the edge of a cliff!

Elijah Walker's heart turned as cold and as barren as the high plains in December after his ex-fiancee betrayed him and caused his father's death. But when he rescues Annie out of a freezing river, Walker's instincts tell him he must help a stranger in need.

With her hermit father retreating to the high country and the Latrells intent on kidnapping her to make money off her singing, and Annie may have no way out.

Has Annie hidden the truth about wanted posters bearing her face too long for anyone to believe her now?

Can Elijah overcome the painful past and learn to love again?

Will there ever be peace in their hearts in time for Christmas?


So what are you reading this weekend? I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!