10.12.2011

A Most Unsuitable Match by Stephanie Grace Whitson ~ review

A Most Unsuitable Match by Stephanie Grace Whitson: Book Cover

My Review: I really wanted to like this book. But every once an awhile there's a book and you really want to like it, you want to be swept into the story, but it just doesn't happen. And I guess this was just one of those times.

The writing was strong the whole way through, and I loved how the Biblical truths were expressed. That was all done very well.

But I must say that I had a hard time with the main characters and the plot. They just didn't engage me. Sometimes I was more interested in the side characters who made brief showings than the main characters. But keep in mind that this is only my personal opinion, and I know some other people who loved this book.

The progression of the romance throughout this book baffled me. At one end of the spectrum I didn't know why they were put together, and on the other end I didn't know what made them so 'unsuitable' to begin with.

Overall I found this book perplexing, though well-written, and Biblically sound. I've read many other books by this author, which I thoroughly adored. But I just couldn't get into this one, I tried really hard, but I just couldn't. So I guess my final thought is that I have lukewarm feelings about this book. I think some people might like it, but I just didn't. Thanks for reading :)

Final Rating: 3 out of 5

Buy it Here

Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for providing this review copy to me free of charge in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!