10.24.2011

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall ~ Review

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall: Book Cover

My Review: An Amish romance from Cindy Woodsmall, just in time for Christmas!

Short and sweet, yet not sappily so, The Christmas Singing is sure to please. I read this sweet story in less than a day and enjoyed every minute of it. The pages turned steadily as I found myself fascinated and entertained with Mattie Eash's world.

Mattie Eash is a young Amish woman with a gift for decorating cakes. But after her bakery burns to the ground and she goes home for the holidays, she comes face to face with her childhood sweetheart, Gideon Beiler. Gideon broke her heart years before when she found him with another woman--an English woman. But Gideon has his secrets. Meanwhile Mattie plans her life with her current flame, Sol, a solid young man, who is an avid hunter. Lovers of Amish romance will eat up Ms. Woosmall's charming tale of love in Amish country.

I really enjoyed reading about Mattie's beautiful cakes, I could almost taste them they sounded so good! Not to mention the fact that there are recipes in the back of the book!

Cindy Woodsmall is a gifted writer, who brings all of the Amish charm, while also including the real feelings and struggles. I like to say that when I read Ms. Woodsmall's books, I relax but never fall alseep!

Overall a very well done Amish romance that I highly recommend. The pages turned steadily for me and I completed it in less than a day :) A very well written book indeed.

Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5




ISBN: 978-0-307-44654-1
Buy it here

Thanks to Waterbrook/Multnomah Publishing for providing this review copy to me free of charge.

2 comments:

  1. I love Cindy Woodsmall's books! This one sounds like a short but sweet read. :) I've had The Harvest of Grace (the third in another of her recent series) on my TBR stack for a while now, so I hope to get to that sometime! Can't wait!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I really enjoyed it because she packed such a good, and well formed story into a smaller package with the same punch :) I read Harvest of Grace and really enjoyed it, though I kinda like this one better, but that's just me :) I hope you get to read it too! You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!