4.26.2011

Writing, Reading & Bible Quizzing, Oh my!

Hi ya'll! I am mega excited right now because of something posted here.
Yep, that made my day!
Made me hyper too!

I have been studying my brains out for the TBQ Regionals where my team will quiz BQ royalty, if there is such a thing. I will honestly be surprised if I have any brains left after the tournament. Or my brains might get fried out right before the tournament and then-well, that won't go over very well with my teammates.

Bible Quiz trips are really fun, especially when we go to a hotel with a pool, and free breakfast. The van rides are not for those who are more than a little claustrophobic, because we pack the kids and parents tight! The coach tries to make everyone study 55 minutes of every hour, but it turns into more like 55 for the entire 6 hour trip! I am so excited for Regionals! Seeing all my quizzing friends on the other teams, quizzing them etc.

Last year our team competed in a high level tournament in Southern Texas (despite my use of "ya'll" I don't live down in the land of black gold), and it was at the exact same time as the 2010 Winter Olympics were going on. So our team decided to have our own BQ Olympics, when we weren't quizzing. We had luggage cart races, pool football and elevator races in the hotels, a scavenger hunt in Wal-mart, and a banana pepper eating contest at the 59' Diner. I will always treasure those memories that I made on BQ trips, (I got a bronze over-all medal in the BQ Olympics!) I remember the boys singing constantly  the whole way down to Texas, repetitive songs like "With Christ in your boat, you can smile at the storm, sailing home!" And how much I bonded with other Christians all brought together for the purpose of quizzing over God's word.

Oh, and in case you were wondering the list for the scavenger hunt looked something like this:

1. Baby Bath Toy
2. Optimus Prime Action Figure
3. Cast Iron Skillet
4. Canned Jalapeno peppers
5. T-shirt with the president on it
6. 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
7. Colgate Toothpaste
8. Box of Valentines candy
9. A stuffed bear with hearts on it.
10. black nail polish.

I'm proud to say that my team found everything on the list.

So if anyone tells you that Bible Quizzers never have any fun, you be sure to set them straight!

Oh, and I just finished "Lilies in Moonlight" by Allison Pittman, "A Family for Faith" by Missy Tippens, and "The Forgiving Hour" by Robin Lee Hatcher. All great books that I would recommend to you. And right now I am reading "The Deepest Waters" by Dan Walsh.

If you have any questions regarding BQ or anything else I post, please leave a comment and I will get back to you!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!