11.04.2011

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend




The Mirror of N'de: A Novel by L. K. Malone: Book Cover

Sorry, I haven't posted as much as I would have liked this week. And now, onward to the wonderful weekend of reading!

This week I have 3 selections, so let's get started :)

I just picked up The Mirror of N'de the other day and I do admit that it is pretty catchy, something that my little brother would probably enjoy. So far it's pretty cool, with steady pacing and mystery ;)

A Matter of Character (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs Series #3) by Robin Lee Hatcher: Book Cover(Back Blurb): In the mythical city of N'de lives thirteen-year-old Hadlay and her people, the Ramash. Scorned and abused by the unloving and absent Emperor, the Ramash are poor people, placed second to the ruling class of the Oresed. Young but bold, Hadlay rages against the injustice in her city. When she is chosen for the honor of serving the Prince in the Tower, she hopes to find a way to right the wrong . . . but soon discovers that things are worse than she believed. 

Then there's A Matter of Character I can't wait to find out who Daphne ends up with, in the conclusion of Robin Lee Hatcher's delightful series :)

( Back Blurb) : The Sisters of Bethlehem Springs series delivers exactly what readers have been waiting for---smart, confident women who are not afraid to defy convention, live their own dreams, and share their lives if the right man comes along.
In A Matter of Character, book three in the Sisters of Bethlehem Springs series, it's 1918, and Daphne McKinley, heiress to a small fortune, has found contentment in the town of Bethlehem Springs. But Daphne has a secret.
A series of dime novels loosely based on local lore and featuring a nefarious villain known as Rawhide Rick has enjoyed modest popularity among readers. Nobody in Bethlehem Springs knows the man behind the stories ... except Daphne.
When newspaperman Joshua Crawford comes to town searching for the man who sullied the good name of his grandfather, Daphne finds herself at a crossroads, reassessing the power of her words, re-thinking how best to honor her gifts, and reconsidering what she wants out of life.

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander: Book CoverIf I have time I'm hoping to squeeze in Tamera Alexander's A Lasting Impression. I  picked it up for a few moments today and had a hard time putting it down :) So I'm planning on reading that one soon. I looks and sounds so good!

( Back Blurb): Claire Laurent's greatest aspiration is to paint something that will bring her acclaim. Yet her father insists she work as a copyist. A forger. When she's forced to flee her home, her path collides with attorney Sutton Monroe, who shows her kindness by not turning her in to authorities. But when he later refuses to come to her aid, Claire fears she's sorely misjudged him. Finding herself among the elite of Nashville society, Claire believes her dream of creating a lasting impression in the world of art is within reach--but only if her past remains hidden.
The Federal Army destroyed Sutton's home, confiscated his land, and threatens to destroy his family's honor. His determination to reclaim what belongs to him reveals a truth that may cost him more than he ever imagined--as well as the woman he loves.
Set at Nashville's historic Belmont Mansion, a stunning antebellum manor built by Adelicia Acklen, A Lasting Impression is a sweeping love story about a nation mending after war, the redemption of those wounded, and the courage of a man and woman to see themselves--and each other--for who they really are.


Well that's what's on my night stand. What are you reading? I'd love to hear from you :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some great reading material this weekend! :) I really enjoyed A Matter of Character, and I'm not sure whether I liked that one or Fit to be Tied better... They're both good! :)

    And I'm currently finishing up A Lasting Impression (my review should go up tomorrow). A beautiful book!! I think you'll love it!

    After that I'm planning on reading Valley of Dreams by Lauraine Snelling, The Girlfriends Guidebook (non-fiction), and eventually Remembering Christmas by Dan Walsh and The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund. (I'm looking ahead to the coming week or so... Definitely not all this weekend, as I have homework to do!)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ~Amber

    P.S. Not reading related, but I'm planning on watching Love's Christmas Journey (the 2-part, 4-hour Love Comes Softly Christmas movie) airing tomorrow night on the Hallmark Channel!! :D I know it will quite possibly be similar quality to the prequels, but I'm excited nevertheless, especially because they're bringing back Aaron (Missy's brother) - I've always been disappointed that they never brought them back again, until now, that is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. I don't know if you saw this or not, but I passed on the "Tell Me About Yourself" blog award to you. :)

    http://seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/2011/11/tell-me-about-yourself-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Hatcher is so good! I really liked Cleo the best so far, but I can't wait to find out what happens to Daphne :)

    Oh, good! Can't wait to read your review!

    Sounds like you've got alot of reading :) LOL

    You have a great weekend as well!

    The Love Comes Softly Series just keeps coming out with more and more movies! After hearing about it from you, I can't wait to see it myself :) I'm still waiting for Love Begins to come out on DVD so I can see it :) We don't have the Hallmark channel. We get them eventually!

    Thanks, I didn't know. Which is probably because I've been more than a little lax in my blog following this week. But thank you so much and I will head right over there :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!