11.08.2011

To Die For by Sandra Byrd ~ 5.4 Star Review!

To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn by Sandra Byrd: Book Cover

My Review: I have heard so many beautiful things about this book, I knew that I had to read it. To Die For is in my mind the perfect Historical novel. Rich in detail, and characters, this book was nearly impossible to put down yet at the same time I want to just sit back and enjoy it.

Meg Wyatt is the faithful friend to Anne Boleyn, the 2nd wife of Henry VIII, and the mother of one of England's most memorable monarchs, Queen Elizabeth. To Die For chronicles the rise and fall of Anne Boleyn to power and back down again.

Many books fiction and non-fiction alike both like to paint Anne as evil or as a witch, so I was glad to find a book that portrayed her more realistically. The historical accuracy and believability was spot on for me, it read like a novel, yet I learned things at the same time :)

Meg was a very easy to relate to character that I quickly connected with. I experience what it was like to be in the court of Henry VIII all through the pages of this book. It was an absolute pleasure to read!

One of my favorite Christian heroes has always been William Tyndale, and I was happy that his work was not ignored, in fact, the effect of that his explosive translation of the New Testament had on the Christian world.

Overall this is a book I would highly recommend to lovers of Christian Fiction, and Historical Fiction, or anyone who loves a well woven story. As I read it quickly became a favorite and is probably one of the best books I've read this year. This book is a MUST READ!

Final Rating: 5.4 out of 5

I actually got this book from the local library, just in case you were wondering ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great review, and I love your rating! ;) I have this book on my TBR stack for review, and I'm hoping to read it in December!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it! It was just what I wanted at the moment, and it was so good! You'll like it I think :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!