11.18.2011

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend

The River Queen

Hey there! I almost forgot that it was Friday today because my dad got the day off, so we didn't do normal stuff :) My brother got the ipod Touch 4th Generation, that he's been waiting for since--well, forever! So as you can imagine he is very pleased.

But onward to the weekend! I only have one pick this week, because I'm kinda busy and I'm reading like, 9 books at once! It's kinda hard to finish one when you're reading many. But that's me for you :P

The River Queen by Gilbert Morris

I have long been a fan of Gilbert Morris books, it actually took me awhile to realize that there were other Christian books out there than just his! LOL, he just has so many! So I'm excited for his latest :)

(Back Blurb):
Julienne Ashby, 24, must change her pampered ways after her father, a prominent businessman in Natchez, Mississippi, loses their fortune and family home to a bad gambling habit in 1850. Like a fish out of water, she aims to refit their one remaining possession, an old riverboat, in hopes of making a profit and restoring the Cuvier name along the mighty Mississippi.
Desperate for help in doing the restoration work, prideful Julienne hires Dallas Bronte, a humiliated captain whose drinking problem stopped his water ways many years ago. Despite initial success, the struggles they will face with other ship owners are almost as challenging as the fiery feelings - of love and hate - that they must sort out for each other. When the riverboat and all aboard meet what looks like certain destruction, God shows Julienne and Dallas only one of those emotions is unsinkable.

Well, that's what I'm reading this weekend. What are you reading? I'd love to hear from you :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind me always popping in here! I love comparing notes on what we're reading. :)

    I'm currently reading A Heart Most Worthy - one of the books in the INSPY Romance category. It's the last one I've got to read before our discussions begin on December 1st! :) And I also started The Harvest of Grace by Cindy Woodsmall today. I'm sure it will be great!

    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on The River Queen! The cover looks intriguing. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not at all :D I love it when you pop in!

    Oh, cool. I haven't read A Heart Most Worthy, but I have read The Harvest of Grace, and I think you'll really enjoy it :) Cindy Woodsmall always does a great job with her books. How exciting to be an INSPY judge :)

    Thanks, so far the beginning was a bit slow, but it's getting better :) When people lose a ton of money things tend to be much more interesting! The cover is intriguing, though I haven't decided if the cover fits the book or not. But i hope to post my review on it sometime next week :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!