11.21.2012

Fearless Daughters of the Bible by J. Lee Grady ~ Review

Fearless Daughters of the Bible: What You Can Learn from 22 Women Who Challenged Tradition, Fought Injustice and Dared to Lead

My Review: To be perfectly honest, not a book I would recommend.

Fearless Daughters of the Bible is a book that had a good writing style, but was very much against my personal beliefs.  This book talks alot about raising up women to be leaders in churches as pastors and in other prominent positions. The Bible firmly teaches that while women are equal and important parts of the church and family, He has specifically called men to lead in these areas.

And while Mr. Grady had some interesting examples, I believe that women like Deborah were the exception, not the rule. So in my mind, Mr. Grady took his conclusions too far for a Conservative, Bible-Believing, Evangelical, like me, and ended up feeling like this was even a dangerous book to be reading.

Overall, this was not a book that I would recommend, because quite honestly I felt that what Mr. Grady is doing with this book is dangerous, using the Bible in a way that goes beyond what is plainly written. While it had some nice insight into some of history's strongest and brave women the undertone beneath it all disturbed me. So for me this was a disappointing read.

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!