11.19.2012

The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors ~ Review

The Sweetest Spell
My Review:
An imaginative Rumpelstiltskin-like tale.

Emmeline Thistle is a lowly dirtscratcher, disfigured from the time she was born no one has ever thought much of her...that is until she becomes the region's most wanted. Emmeline has a gift, she can actually churn cream into chocolate, and in a world where chocolate is the most valued substance in existance. But her gift comes with many choices, will Emmeline be able to use her gift to finally gain her freedom?

With The Sweetest Spell I wasn't sure what to expect when I decided to pick up this book, and I was pleasantly surprised by how it wasn't terribly silly or anything, but serious.

It was a nice book, but I had trouble connecting personally with the characters. There was some mild swearing, that didn't need to be there. The beginning was really good with a great attention getter, but towards the middle I started to feel just a bit bogged down and wondered when they would finally get everything figured out. 

Overall, this wasn't the sweet tale or the nail biting adventure I was hoping for, but it was a promising read. And I loved the imaginativeness of it and the blending of traditional tales into something new.
Not a book I would recommend, but one with many fine qualities, and plenty of promise.

I received this ebook in return for an honest review. Thank you!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!