1.06.2015

The Fruitcake Challenge by Carrie Fancett Pagels ~ Review

The Fruitcake Challenge (Christmas Traditions #3)
My Review:

Tom Jeffries sets out to make a fresh start as a lumberjack so that he can support his widowed mother. But when he meets the spirited cook, Jo, he decides to issue a challenge. The Fruitcake Challenge. That the woman who makes a fruitcake like his mother, will be his wife.

Jo would like nothing more than to get out of the lumber camp and make a whole new life for herself, until Tom Jeffries saunters in with his big words and fruitcake challenge.

Will she be able to make a fruitcake like Mrs. Jeffries and win Tom's heart?

A lovely tale for Christmas or any time of the year. I loved how all the different fruitcakes recipes brought everyone together, I had no idea before reading this book that there were so many different variants of fruitcake!

Tom was a really nice guy under all of his bluster, and he had a real gift with the children. I loved how he was so dedicated to take care of his mother, and the others around him.

There was a great setting with many characters from all different backrounds. And I loved how it all came together. A sweet romance, sure to delight!

Thank you so much to Carrie Fancett Pagels who gifted me with a copy of this lovely book :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Faye, for your great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed my story! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, thank you for gifting me with a copy :)

      Delete
    2. You are welcome, Faye. Your blog is so pretty!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!