7.30.2026

Murder, Plainly Written by Mindy Steele // Review

Lucie's Review: 

Sadie Lynch is excited to start fresh after inheriting her Amish aunt's candle store in Amish country. But business is slow and the locals are not keen to frequent the shop of an Englisher. 

A little bit of a slower start as Sadie gets settled in her new home, and we meet many community members. I liked that there were a variety of people from different plain communities, and it was fun to meet the many different characters as Sadie learns more about her heritage, and finds new friends. I liked her friendship with Wanda and how they bond over writing. Wanda is a lovely woman, and I admired her for being honest about her disappointments, but not letting them hold her down.

A fun read that sets up the series well for future books, with a full cast of characters and secrets are revealed as Sadie gets to know her new community. I liked her growing friendship with August. 

Overall, an enjoyable read that builds as the story goes along. I liked that Sadie connected with people even though they lived their lives differently and bonded over their faith. A very enjoyable read with great characters and lovely community. I'm excited to read more in the series!


I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!