7.27.2026

The Spy Keeper of Marseille by Roseanna M. White // Review

My Review: 

A daring mother and talented musician fight for freedom from the Nazi regime in occupied France, in this gripping story of love and sacrifice. 

Zelie Bellrose is a young widow who is willing to fight for a future for her two children, suddenly finding herself the unlikely leader of an intelligence agency. Every chance they take could possibly put all that she holds dear at risk. I admired her courage, as well as her cool-headed common sense, humility, and fierce devotion to her children. She knows the cost, and doesn't let it defeat her, but push her forward instead. 

Marcel Laurent recently freed from a POW camp, takes a job with a travelling orchestra that comes with special privileges that he can use to help the fight for a free France. Marcel is a kind and discerning man, a quiet leader, who proves his mettle again and again. I loved how he showed his strength in trusting and being willing to follow, while being a source of support, and encouraging others to hope. 

A compelling story of ordinary people, willing to risk everything for their families and country, doing extraordinary things. I was inspired by the faith of Zelie and Marcel, trusting God when hope is hard to hold onto. A gripping story from beginning to end, emotional and full of adventure that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Another stand out novel from Roseanna M. White. Highly recommend!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!