3.30.2011

A 75 question tag about my story.

It seems like everyone is doing tags. So here is mine:

1.    What’s your word count? Gosh, I don’t really know, because it changes all the time.

2. How long until you finish?   Forever. Maybe.

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you? I’m not done yet. But my first story took me about a year for the rough draft.

4. Do you have an outline? Yes and no. I have one to a certain point, a very rough one, with plenty of room to grow and change. But I always have a basic outline so I don’t forget the main plot, and other important things. Though some scenes have detailed outlines, (confrontations with bad guys).

5. Do you have a plot? Yes. I would have a plot if I have an outline, wouldn’t I?

6. How many words do you typically write a day? 1,000

7. What was your greatest word count in one day? 5,000

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day? 0

9. What inspired you to write? Reading. Basically I would read a book and be inspired. I would say, “Wow, that was good. But someone should really write a book about ____” So then I wrote such a story.

10. Does your novel have a theme song? No. No music that I know of could capture the randomness of it.

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song. I decline.

12. Which character is most like you? Cephas & Tav. Yeah, I picked two.

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with? Gabe, or Yves.

14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character? No, that would be too predictable.

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel? Gabe.

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected? Of course, it would be boring if they didn’t.

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences? Directly, no. Indirectly, yes. Especially people wise.

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies? Yes, most certainly.

19. Is there magic in your novel? No.

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel? Mentioned in passing.

21. Does anyone die? Yes, in the back story lots of people die. And in actual story a few do met their demise. *sigh* I didn’t really know them anyway.

22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience? Non. I strongly dislike coffee or and no tea. Caffeine is bad for you.

23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing? 10:30p.m.?

24. What is the best line? I can’t decide. Some are great sounding now, but won’t be next week.
 
25. What is the worst line? “
I remember that time he was telling everyone about the ancient mummifying practices of the Giki while we were all eating fresh venison at Michaelmas, Lennon shoved a large steak into his mouth…” he trailed off, cleared his throat and changed the subject.

26. Have you dreamed about your novel or its characters? Strangely, no.

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory? Not really.

28. Summarize your novel in under fifteen words. Rightful king is wronged; joins a rebel movement, and the good guys win. That was 13.

29. Do you love all your characters? Almost, except the villain, for which I can only pity. And even pitying him is a stretch.

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count? Not specifically to increase word count. No, that would be cruel and sadistic.

31. What was the last thing your main character ate? Venison roasted over an open fire.

32. Describe your main character in three words. Guarded. Logical. Seeker.

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween? Julius Caesar. He thinks that he’s that cool.

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship? Not exactly. But he fellowships with other believers in their homes.

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel? One. Thinking about having one as a back story.

36. Are there any explosions in your novel? It is restricted to door bashing and other such crashing about. But that can be explosive. Not to mention explosive pain.

 37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel? No.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world? Nope.

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel? No, the thought disgusts me. There are already too many in books about such things.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel? No. No. No.

41. Is anyone reincarnated? No. That would be freaky and wrong.

42. Is anyone physically ailed? More  like war wounds, and the elderly have joint pain. Maybe.

43. Is anyone mentally ill? At times they act that way.

44. Does anyone have swine flu? Who made up this questionnaire anyway? NO!

45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they? Um, the hero has a horse.

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel? Yes. No direct references to angels or demons.

47. How about political figures? Fictional ones. Like the King etc.

48. Is there incessant drinking? No, that would be gross and disturbing. And everyone would be dead.

49. Are there board games? If so, which ones? No time for games.

50. Are there any dream sequences? I’m thinking about writing one.

51. Is there humor? Yes. Why wouldn’t it.

52. Is there tragedy? Of course.

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum? Yes, but it’s more of a venting of confusion and hurt.

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel? Almost all of them.

55. Is anyone in your novel adopted? Yes

56. Does anyone in your novel wear glasses? Maybe. Can’t decide if they have glasses or not.

57. Has your novel provided insight about your life? Yes, I would say so.

58. Your personality? Yes, helps me express myself better.

59. Has your novel inspired anyone? Well, it made my best friend who is also a writer want to spend more time writing.
     60. How many people have asked to read your novel? 2.

61. Have you drawn any of your characters? In my head.

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you? No.

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel? Not that I know of. But I’ll think about it.

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel? Yes.

65. Do any of your characters watch TV? No. I wasn’t invented yet. And I believe that was a good thing.

66. What size shoe does your main character wear? I have no clue. 10?

67. Do any of the characters in your novel use a computer? No TV. No Computer.

68. How would you react if your novel was erased entirely? Be glad I have most of it written as a rough draft by hand.

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters? Not really. Since I haven’t killed any that I actually knew anyway.

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters? No. Though there was a sigh of relief that the storyline would now fit together better.

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer? Read! And even if you don’t ever get published or share it with anyone, write. Never stop. (Not literally, figuratively).

72. Describe your ending in three words. Justice is served.

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.? Sorta. But I might edit it out.

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank? 2
 
75. Was it worth it? Yes.
If you've read this far, you've been tagged! If you decide to do this, be sure and post a link to yours in mine's comments that way I can read and comment on yours. P.S. Yes, some of the questions are very weird.
Thanks for reading! Now you're tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!