6.13.2011

Hi ya'll! As you have probably guess Summer is a busy time for me and most people my age. Not busy in the usual sense, but busy because I'm trying to squeeze all the things I was too busy for this last school season, into 3 short months. Crazy, huh?
I've been reading some great Summer Reads, and making a lot more time for writing. Which I have been trying to do forever! Convincing your parents to let you procrastinate on your schoolwork because you are busy writing the next Great American Novel, doesn't fly to far. If you've tried, which I think a lot of people have, you know what I mean. So this Summer I made a word per day goal of 300 words per day, which has been working great. But then, I've only been doing it for about 2 days.
I chose 300 words because it seemed achievable, and I didn't want to start out with a goal so high that I would completely burn out on the first day. I've actually been getting a lot more than 300 words in lately, so I think it's working. After 300 it's hard to stop!
I've been reading this major tough book called When Skeptics Ask by Norman Geisler and Ronald Brooks. It really is a great book, but it's not the typical Summertime Read, it's something better swallowed in small doses, but total gold! It is a book outlining how to answer skeptics' tough questions, by defending our faith biblically and logically. Something that could always be better, no matter how good at it you are.
I guess I should get to that writing I was talking about, oh, and for you information I do take a break on Sunday, considering that everyone in our family is banned from the computer on Sundays.
Well, toodle-dee-doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!