6.08.2011

The Appomattox Saga by Gilbert Morris

  
Hi ya'll. My last post was rather rushed as you could probably tell so today I thought I'd share one of my favorite book series with you. The Appomattox Saga by Gilbert Morris, who is my all time favorite author.
They are as the title implies a Historical fiction series, about the Civil War. But the Saga begins in the 1840's with two cousins, Clay and Gideon Rocklin. Two men both in love with the same woman. The rivalry drives one man to near ruin and the other to great sucess. So begins the Appomattox Saga, the epic 10 book series about a family split by the war that split the country in two.

The series follows the children of Clay and Gideon, as well as the many cousins, all of whom have a part in the Civil War. Many a Rocklin or Rocklin cousin serves their country in the colors blue or gray. A couple of them are even spies! Thoughout this series many of the Rocklin family puts their faith in the only true God, while dodging many dangerous circumstances. If I went into too much detail I'm afraid that I would bore ya'll to death and that I would probably end up writing a review for each and every book!

The pictures I used above are the cover photos of the omni-bus reprints that came out a in about 2009. You can find them at CBD, Barnes and Noble, Amazon for about $14 dollars each, which is a good deal for 3-in-1 (the 3rd omni-bus is a 4-in-1) books!
I enjoyed all of the series and all of them were excellent, but a few standouts in the series were:

#3 Where Honor Dwells

#4 Land of the Shadow

#5 Out of the Whirlwind

#7 Wall of Fire

#8 Stars in Their Courses

All the ones in between were great too! And you have to read #1 because it sets the stage for the whole series! There were just certain ones that I personally am more attached to, I recommend them all!

Thanks so much for letting me share with you!

*I would like to let you know that I was not compensated for this review in anyway, and that this is my honest opinion and I just really like these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!