8.18.2026

Bookmarked for Love by Sarah Monzon // Review

My Review: 

When budget cuts at the library leave Martha Aldridge out of a job she goes where she said she would never go again to ask for a donation. Instead of publishing mogul Mr. King, she finds his son Julien, and they strike a mutually beneficial bargain, a donation in return for her help finding the next big thing in children's publishing to save the floundering imprint. 

A delightful clean rom-com, with a confident protagonist, I liked how Martha was confident in her own skin and has a lot of insight into books that kids like, and what they need. This was such a fun and funny read, with great situational comedy and undeniable chemistry. I liked that Julien and Martha are in their 30s and 40s and are both mature adults who talk about things and know what they want. 

Julien wants to prove to his ailing father that he is ready to take over the reins at the publishing company, but his father has put an impossible task before him. I liked that Julien is decisive, and sees Martha's talents even when she doesn't see them herself and is endlessly supportive of her. 

Overall, my favorite of the series and a fantastic conclusion. I loved seeing the couples from the previous books and catching up with their lives. I flew through this book, and it was over far too soon. Fantastic plot, characters that you can cheer for, great humor, and chemistry. Not heavy on Christian themes, but it is clear that the characters are Christians. Highly enjoyable rom-com!
 
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!