8.24.2026

The Story of Harriet Tubman: The Trailblazer Who Led Many to Freedom by Shar Walker // Review

My Review: 

A middle-grade biography of the life of Harriet Tubman, chronicling her life from childhood to her continued fight for equal rights after the end of the Civil War. 

A well written biography, it does a great job of explaining words and giving historical context to the time period. Great for older elementary and middle school readers. I liked learning about Harriet Tubman beyond the underground railroad and how she stayed active and involved. I was inspired by her perseverance and determination despite all her set backs. 

Overall, a quick read, great for middle grade reading levels, that does a great job of covering the life of Harriet Tubman, though this telling has a more subjective slant, and I would recommend further reading for a more objective history. 


I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!