8.21.2026

A Lady's Handbook to Gadgets and Guile by Angela Bell /// Review

My Review: 

A delightful return to the steampunk world from the pen of Ms. Bell. 

Margaret Kingsley is the behind-the-scenes genius creating all sorts of gadgets for the Daughters of Genius (a.k.a. D.O.G.), an elite team of covert investigators. Her area of expertise is needed at the frontlines in regard to a case investigating patent theft. Margaret is clever and independent despite her ability difference, she hates to feel a burden to others and has trouble letting people in beyond her parents. 

Charles Noble is a gifted former musical prodigy who gave up his dreams to take care of his family when they needed him. Now he works as a clerk, but has taken on organizing an event for a prestigious inventor. Charles is a faithful son, never begrudging his family the personal sacrifices he had to make for them. I liked that he is confident about his attraction to Margaret and sees her as the brilliant woman that she is. 

A fast paced and fun read, with humorous acronyms and touches of steam punk magical realism. I liked how supportive of Margaret her parents are, as well as her friends at the D.O.G. Margaret and Charles are strong likable characters anchored by their faith. An entertaining and enjoyable read, full of adventure. Absolutely delightful read. I'm excited to read more in the series. Highly recommend!


I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!